Enabling Dimensions has always been passionate about finding solutions for people with disabilities that improve their quality of life. Combining this passion with a professional ethic, we have developed a portfolio of services that are a result of insights and experience gained from working closely with the individuals from the community as well as national-level associations working for people with disabilities.
Solutions for People with Disabilities
A training workshop designed to enable the participants develop disabled-friendly websites that comply with accessibility standards like W3C/WAI and Section 508. Developed on the principles of instructional design, this instructor-led workshop ensures effective learning of the issues and techniques involved in developing accessible web content. It is a 25 hours workshop that can be tailored to suit the specific needs of your organisation.
To download brochure for web accessibility training click the following link:
Download PDF Document | 96 KB
Our experienced team of specialists works with organizations to develop accessible websites, eLearning courseware and online communications targeted at people with disabilities and elderly. We can assist organizations with:
- Accessible website design and development
- Developing alternate audio interfaces for existing or under-development websites
- Develop accessible E-Learning courseware on subjects of interest for people with disabilities and the elderly
- Convert existing E-Learning content into accessible e-Learning courseware
- Retrofitting current websites to make them accessible
- Accessible e-Campaign design, development and implementation
- Designing and developing accessible online advocacy initiatives
- Ongoing Website Compliance and Maintenance
In addition to offering specialized services to organizations, we also have our own initiatives to empower people with disabilities. Our current focus is on developing solutions for people with visual disabilities in India.
- SpellWell: A large number of people with visual disabilities in India are auditory learners, most do not know Braille. This results in poor spellings and written communication, adversely impacting their employment potential. In close consultation with blind and low vision users, we have developed an interactive eLearning product for improving English-spellings.
- EnableAll.org: An award-winning online learning and self-help community for people with visual disabilities in India. It provides relevant and timely job-oriented information, education and training in `new economy skills'.
Web Accessibility Audits
We conduct accessibility audits and testing with focus groups to ensure that organizations comply their existing web content with accessibility regulations.